Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Start of the Project- Post #4

               Today was the first day of the biodiesel project. Today we were to create a way on how to purify the kitchen oils. First thing we did was sit down and create a plan that revolves around the materials we have. We came up that we should first gather the oil. Second place the paint filter on an empty bucket. Then we pur out the oil into the bucket with the filter and all the solid particles will be left behind. Afterwards we repeat until there is nothing left, but the purified oil.
               Unfortunately I had to be on clean up. So I had to clean the filters that were used and bring them back in so that they could re-use it. I also had to clean the buckets. THe best part about cleaning is that I didn't get as dirty as the people filtering.
               I learned that if you rush in this kind of process then the outcome will be two things: Failure and alot of messes.
              If I could change one thing about the project is that there would be three kinds of groups: 1st method purification, 2nd method purification and clean up.
              

3 comments:

  1. My class did a similar method , however after we filtered with a paint strainer we heated the oil to remove water particles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your method seems very effective. I agree when you said "when you rush things you end up with failure and a big mess." The only thing my class did differently was we heated up our oil to get the particles to come to the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone, I am Adorjan Adelmo from Yasinya village Ukrain and I just want to say a very resounding thanks  to Mr Benjamin Lee Financial loan services for their sincerity, Openness, Transparency, Truthfulness, Love and support during and after getting loan funds from them. I have been through a lot in the hands of in life and time won’t permit me to say all that I went through in the year of pandemic but God answered my prayers through the support and love from Mr Benjamin Lee Financial loan services who embraced me and understood me despite my initial doubt and unseriouness and with his good heart and love I am now a home owner through his 2% interest rate loan funds and I have vow to spread this news and also tell the world that there are still genuine and few good online loan firms out there that can assist and also revive a dry bone like I was.
    Don’t fail to listen and read this testimony because this is a true life changing experience and anyone that needs this kind of turn around should not hesitate or doubt this because I have prove and I swear to God in Heaven that this story is real and also the story of my experience with them .
    Contact them today. WhatsApp - +1-989-394-3740 Email:    247officedept@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete